Welcome To Jackson Speedway
Kids Racing School Classes Start Soon! Call Steve at 517-812-0054 for more information!
Cary's Finish Line Photo's
Jackson Speedway Concessions
2013 TRACK RULES
The driver is responsible for ALL of his/her crew, family or friends that come into the pits. If any of these rules are broken by any of these people the driver may be penalized. Penalties include but are not limited to, loss of points, payouts or suspension.
1. No alcohol until racing is complete. No alcoholic beverages allowed in hot pit area. Any driver caught consuming alcoholic beverages during races will be barred from racing.
2. No fighting on the premises. Obscene gestures and language will not be tolerated. If a driver is caught fighting on the track or premises, he or she will be disqualified for that night and barred from the track for a time period determined by track officials.
3. The track is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged property.
4. We reserve the right to refuse admission to anyone for any reason.
5. We strongly recommend a fire extinguisher in every trailer.
6. No one is allowed on the track during racing except track personnel.
7. No reckless driving cars in the pit area.
8. Scoring tower and flag stands are off limits.
9. All pets must be on a leash.
10. All children under the age of 12 years must be supervised.
11. Pit vehicles are used for pushing cars to and from the pits they are not to be ridden as toys. Anyone joy riding (wheelies, donuts, ect.) will have their pit vehicle parked for the night. Other penalties are possible.
1. General admission is $5.00. Children 12 years and under are free.
2. Pit passes are $12.00. All ages
1. WKA engine tech and WKA fuel tech. Must be clear alcohol only – no additives permitted. If caught, you are disqualified for the night with no refund.
2. No mirrors or radios permitted.
3. Clone class see Clone rules
1. See – Sprint Car 2013 rules
2. All push vehicles are the responsibility of that car. NO JOY RIDING IN PITS.
3. No mirrors or radios permitted
Mini-Cup, Future Stars, Outlaw-Cup and Dwarf Cars:
1. See – Mini-Cup G.L.S. 2013 rules
2. See – Outlaw-Cup 2013 rules
3. See – Dwarf Car 2013 rules
4. See – Future Stars 2013 rules
1. Drivers must attend driver’s meeting or start on the tail of the heat race.
2. Drivers must register before their car goes on the track or start on the tail of the heat race.
3. Full body cover, neck brace, gloves and approved snell 2000 full-face helmet are required for all drivers.
4. Draw or qualify for starting position.
5. There will be two heat races or qualifying and 1 heat race, the second one inverted from the first. Heat races determine feature line up.
6. Fourteen cars maximum will start each feature with the exception of rookies.
7. If a race cannot be started properly because of false starts after two tries, the front two cars will move back one row.
8. If a race cannot be started properly after two tries because of accidents there will a single file start.
9. Once you enter a race with a car, you must complete the race with that car.
10. If you switch cars or motors from heat race to heat race you will start on the tail.
11. If you cause two yellow flags unassisted during a race (spins or mechanical), you will be black-flagged (6 or more in class).
12. If there is a red flag, immediately come to a safe stop.
13. Red flag rule: Once officials tell crewmembers they can enter the track, changes can be made to cars (air, tires, fuel, parts etc.). If fuel is added your crew must have their own fire extinguisher present. Once the track is clear you will get up to 3 laps to make race from the time the field lined up or you will be pushed off the track.
14. Under yellow crews are not allowed to work on cars on the track.
15. If your car will not operate properly before the race, you will get up to 3 laps to fix it once the field is inline on the track.
16. (ROAD COURSE) Once the race starts if your kart stalls or is involved in an accident where it will not operate properly after it enters the track you are done for that race.
(DIRT OVAL) See dirt track rules
(CEMENT OVAL)In case of a yellow flag, maintain your position until crossing the start or finish line. If you are the cause of the accident and you admit you were at fault by tapping the top of your car you and only you will go to the tail (Tap out rule). If nobody taps out, officials will use the Spinner / Spinnee rule. If two cars bump and if either car spins, both cars will be sent to the tail. Flagman’s decision is final. No bumping or rough driving will be tolerated. Under a caution if your car was involved in an accident or will not operate properly you will get up to 3 caution laps to fix it once you have driven into the pit box. If you cannot fix the problem in 3 caution laps the race will continue with out you.
Any time you enter the pit box after the first green flag you must start at the back of the field.
Pre & Post Race Tech:
1. All cars must go through a safety inspection before being allowed on the track.
2. The top 3 cars in the feature must leave their cars in the impound area for a post race inspection. If any cheating is discovered that car will be disqualified and that race cannot be used as a drop for the points championship.
If weather is a problem before racing starts and officials cancel the race. There will be no make up race.
If weather is a problem after the racing starts.
1. If it rains prior to the first heat race, there will be a rain check issued to each registered car for the registration fee. Once the first car goes on the track there will be NO RAIN CHECKS FOR PIT PASSES! (All insurances must be paid).
2. If rain starts after the first heat is finished, everyone that is registered will receive first place points. This is considered a completed event. The purse will still be paid out for the box stock & heavies (cement oval) and for 600 multies (dirt oval). NO RAIN CHECKS FOR PIT PASSES! (All insurances must be paid).